Alice Arutkin has been crowned the 2013 French Wave Windsurfing champion, at La Torche.
With nice sideshore wave conditions, Alice Arutkin and Nathalie Cottard disputed a super final to decide who would take the title home.
“I’m very happy with my result! I was very impressed by the level of others. In the first day, Nathalie Cottard had a really good score in the big waves and won our duel”, explains Arutkin.
“On the last day, we had to face each other again and this time I won. However, suddenly we were forced to sail a super final as well. I think it was close between us, but I managed to take some nice big waves that allowed me to win once more”.
“I’m really stoked, this event was superb. A great atmosphere with the most beautiful girls and waves”, concludes Arutkin.
Alice Arutkin was born in 1992, in the French region of Lille. She started windsurfing in 2002. In 2008, she has been considered the PWA Rookie of the Year. In 2013, she finished 7th on the PWA Wave World Tour.
- Fiona Wylde is the Gorge Windsurfer of the Year 2013 (sykose.com)
- Greece prepares for the Varkiza Long Distance Windsurfing Race 2013 (sykose.com)
- Queensland windsurfers unveil inaugural Freerace Series (sykose.com)
- Windsurfer rescued in lake off North East (goerie.com)
- Lake Champlain Windsurfing Festival 2013 (essexonlakechamplain.com)