SEATTLE, WASHINGTON – MFG Cyclocross, presented by Raleigh Bicycles, announced the details to their 2013 race schedule today. The six-race series celebrates its fifth year, and begins on September 8th and will conclude on November 10th at the 5th Annual Woodland Park Gran Prix. MFG adds a new venue for Race #3 at the Bellingham BMX Center on Sunday, October 6th. Season Passes for the series are available now on Bikereg.com.
“It’s August, so in the Northwest we are already seeing people getting pumped for cyclocross season,” said MFG Cyclocross co-founder Terry Buchanan. “Our series continues with six races, and we are very psyched to be adding a new venue in Bellingham this year. MFG #3 takes place on Sunday, Oct 6th at the Bellingham BMX Center in conjunction with Ryan Rickerts’ Cascade Cross Series race which races at the same venue on Saturday, October 5th.”
Since MFG Cyclocross formed in 2009, Raleigh Bicycles has provided title sponsorship for the race series each year. Like other years, Raleigh will be on-site at each event with a demo fleet of Raleigh bicycles available at no charge to participants.
“We are extremely grateful for the support and love Raleigh has shown MFG Cyclocross from the start,” said MFG Cyclocross co-founder Zac Daab. “Raleigh’s Marketing Guy Brian Fornes has kept the spirit of MFG alive each year by making the races fun, accessible, but also competitive.”
In addition to the new Bellingham venue, MFG Cyclocross will be featuring a Clydesdale category for riders over 200 pounds, an all-women’s race slot time at 12:40 pm on race day, an equal cash purse for Elite Men and Women provided by Element Cycles, and Garmin Edge 510 demo units available at every MFG event. Additionally, each MFG course will have specific Garmin Hot Spots, which will keep track of the fastest time for a shorter portion of the course. Prizes will be awarded to folks with the fastest time for this race within a race.
MFG Cyclocross is proud to have Raleigh Bicycles as the Title Sponsor of the series for the fifth year in a row. Additionally, MFG is proud to be working with Brouwer’s Café, Cascade Bicycle Studio, Castelli, Clif Bar, Coal Headwear, The Cycling House, Deschutes Brewery, Element Cycles, Full Speed Ahead, Garmin, Lazer, Mad Fiber, Nuun Hydration, Outdoor Research, and Stanley for 2013.
The 2013 MFG Cyclocross schedule includes:
- 9-8-13: Kickoff Cross (Kirkland, WA)
- 9-29-13: Lake Sammamish GP (Issaquah, WA)
- 10-6-13: MFG@BCP (Bellingham, WA)
- 10-20-13: Magnuson Park Cross (Seattle, WA)
- 10-27-13: SCCA/Starbucks GP (Redmond, WA)
- 11-10-13: Woodland Park GP (Seattle, WA)
- The #Cyclocross Workout Of The Day for Wednesday, 8.14.13. “Listing” (crosssports.net)
- Cyclocross (roadtotourdefrance.wordpress.com)
- I’m not so sure about this cyclocross business… (theadventuresofnutbar.wordpress.com)
- Gear Up For Cross (performancebike.com)
- Plastic Products Mfg Announces Its Move to a New Location (prweb.com)
- Aluminum Name Plate Holders Added to Plastic Products Mfg Product Line (prweb.com)
- Blenhiem Cyclocross, Race 4 (roadtotourdefrance.wordpress.com)
- Belgian Night – Tuesday, July 30th, 6-9pm (sunsetpdx.wordpress.com)
- National Cyclocross Series – National Champs and Final Round (brewcx.com)
- Malbrough cyclocross series race 2 (roadtotourdefrance.wordpress.com)